Crossings Statement of Faith
The following are the core beliefs of Crossings Community Church.
- The Bible is the expressed Word of God and is our final authority in all matters of faith and practice. (II Timothy 3.16; Psalm 119.89-91; II Peter 1.20-21)
- God, all-loving Creator of the Heavens and the earth, eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1.1,26; John 1.1-2; 4.24; Romans 1.19-20; Ephesians 4.5-6)
- Jesus is the eternal and second person of the Trinity. Though fully Divine, He became fully human. He was born of the virgin Mary and lived a sinless life. He was crucified for crimes He didn’t commit, and through His resurrection, freed all people from the power of sin and death. He will return again, ushering in the eternal Kingdom of God. All who respond to the work and teachings of Jesus by a personal belief that issues forth in personal obedience to Jesus and His teachings will live forever with Him. (Matthew 1.18-25; John 1.1; 12.44-45; Romans 9.5; Hebrews 4.15; Ephesians 5.2; I Thessalonians 4.16-17)
- Salvation, a free gift from God, is God’s desire for all humanity to be in right relationship with Him. In turning from a self-centered life and turning to God and accepting the work Christ accomplished in His death and resurrection, one receives new and eternal life. (John 3.16-17; 14.6; Ephesians 2.8-10; I Timothy 2.4; I John 2.2)
- The Holy Spirit is the eternal and third person of the Trinity. The Holy Spirit continually draws men and women closer to God. Being marked by the Holy Spirit as children of God, believers are encouraged, transformed to be like Christ, convicted of sin and empowered to serve others. (John 14.16-17; 16.5-15; Romans 8.9-11; I Corinthians 12.1-31; Galatians 5.22-23)
- Unity is essential to the body of believers, the Church. Though there are many expressions of the Church in our world, there is only one universal Church, made up of all who have received Jesus Christ as Lord. The Church exists to be the body of Christ in the world today. (Romans 12.4-5; Ephesians 2.19-22; 4.11-16)
Our Philosophy of Ministry
A statement of beliefs, or a church’s theology, is always a difficult proposition.
Christians, throughout the ages, have held a wide variety of beliefs, and have often differed in their personal theology. Crossings strives to center our beliefs on Jesus Christ and His teachings. To understand our statement of faith, these two pieces are vital:
- We will focus our teaching on the non-debatable principles of Scripture while leaving freedom for personal convictions related to non-essential doctrinal issues. Our highest desire is to live in light of biblical principle while remaining culturally relevant to our community.
- We believe that becoming a Christ-centered person requires active participation in the church.
We have a purpose that guides everything we do. We want this vision to be front and center at all times, even if it means that we must not do some things that we could do. Our calling is clear and will continue to guide us into the future.
building CHRIST-CENTERED people through WORSHIP, BIBLE STUDY, FRIENDSHIP and COMPASSION.